Monday, September 13, 2010

PORTLAND :: GRAND PRIX

Can't remember a time filled with more change, and more venturing into the unknown..  My class at the PNCA has started and I'm getting to know a really great group of students, met someone new,  finishing up with a few freelance projects, and I had a signing right here in Portland last weekend!!  Shot a couple pics on the phone of some playmat sketches I did during the show, so I thought I'd share em..

Fun playing with new surfaces, although I'll admit some of the 15 year old classic playmats with years and years of wear, are about as hard to draw on as a wet cotton ball..  Well, there's always a price for playing rock star I suppose..

There's never enough time, but got to squeeze in a couple seconds with fellow MTG freelancers Franz Vohwinkel, Heather Hudson, Pete Venters, Anson Maddocks, Mark Tedin, Corey Macourek, Kokai Katai.. and as always Tim and Tracy Shields, a host of Judges and Staff put on the best show Magic players could've asked for..

Stay tuned..

2 Comments:

Blogger Arkady Roytman said...

oh man, I'm sorry i didn't know about this. I would have totally come out to hang out.

11:49 PM EDT  
Blogger Chuck said...

We've definitely gotta go for a beer someday, Arkady!!

12:01 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home